Khao Lak Beach - The Origin of Khao Lak, Cradled By The Mountain
About Khao Lak Beach - The Origin of Khao Lak, Cradled By The Mountain
The original Khao Lak Beach (sometimes referred to as Khao Lak South Beach) is located in Lam Kaen, south of Khao Lak Center (La On), before the mountain. Nestled at the foot of the Khao Lak mountain, it has a few surprises up its sleeve. Let’s dive into the secrets of Khao Lak Beach!
Marvels of Khao Lak Beach
Khao Lak Beach, as its name implies, is situated where the original Khao Lak village is. Its name is often confused with the beach in the centre of Khao Lak, which is the most visited and centred beach but isn’t named Khao Lak Beach, but Nang Thong Beach.
Cradled by the mountain of Khao Lak, it enfolds one-of-a-kind nature’s artworks.
Khao Lak Beach offers a thrilling view of the mountain with boulders bulging from the cliff as if they are pointing at the beach and saying “Behold, paradise’. Picture massive boulders emerging from the sand along the shore like the guardians of the beach. Whether you’re an adrenaline junkie climbing these boulders, uncovering the secrets hidden among them or a laid-back observer watching them as they break the waves, it’s a beautiful sight you won’t soon forget!
Furthermore, Khao Lak Beach remains relatively quiet, since most tourists reside on the north side of the mountain and don’t come down here. Apart from the few resorts and their customers, It is not too crowded, and it’s the kind of place you’ll want to keep all to yourself. If you are not staying in the Lam Kaen area, getting there might be a bit of a challenge, having to go over the Khao Lak mountain, but the reward is having a quiet beach paradise with enough restaurants and bars to serve your needs. At the mountainside of the beach, with its boulders, the Khao Lak River flows into the sea, where the water is nice and clearer, perfect for swimming and even snorkelling. Of course, it is not comparable with snorkelling at Surin Islands or Similan Islands, but still, it’s better compared to the other beaches in Khao Lak. It’s worth a try if you want to go snorkelling off the beach!
Getting to Khao Lak Beach
Getting to Khao Lak beach can be a bit tricky. As you follow through the Phet Kasem Road, south to the Khao Lak Center (La On), just after finishing all the curves and turns through the mountain, remember to turn right in front of the Tip Top Restaurant. Follow the road down and you’ll reach the north part of Khao Lak Beach where the beautiful boulders are.
Activities on Khao Lak Beach
Khao Lak beach is quite a long stretch, perfect for long walks, sunbathing, and shell-hunting. It ends at the rocks going towards Poseidon Beach.
There are plenty of bars along the beach where you can get fresh drinks. Grab your favourite and lie down on a sunbed, drink from a fresh coconut or have an exotic cocktail and just enjoy life, you deserve it.
There are a lot of beachside massages as well, giving you an open-air experience, where you can bask in the sun while being pampered by a masseuse.
If you ever gazed at surfers riding the waves and wondered if you could do it, Taonga Surf Club is the place to practise your talent. Taonga Surf Club offers beginner lessons with a skilled trainer by your side to guide you through every step of your surfing journey. If you’d like to have the ultimate surfing experience, Pakarang Beach and Memories Beach are the perfect surfing spots in Khao Lak.
Accommodation on Khao Lak Beach
If you would like to spend your holiday on Khao Lak beach, the beachfront resorts and villas are in your favour with restaurants, bars, tour shops, and motorbike rentals within walking distance.
The Anda Mani – 4-star hotel
Along the coastline, this beautiful villa boasts not only a breathtaking sea view but also an abundance of style and elegance.
- Price starts from 6000 THB per night
- It’s an intimate boutique resort and you can’t find crowds here. And guess what? The beach is practically your front yard.
- The resort’s restaurant has you covered with a selection of freshly prepared Thai and Western dishes.
- Good customer service with friendly staff is something you can’t find everywhere these days.
The Briza Beach Resort Khao Lak – 4-star hotel
Great seafront hotel with spacious rooms and direct beach access.
- Price range – 1300 THB to 5000 THB per night
- When you’re not soaking in the ocean, you can take your pick from the multiple pools available.
- Food is splendid and offers lots of choices but the downside is very meat-oriented; thus limited options for vegetarians.
- This hotel is conveniently located near restaurants and all the local amenities you might need.
Khao Lak Emerald Beach Resort & Spa – 4-star hotel
This hotel has a unique charm – it attracts a diverse crowd of travellers, offering something for everyone, especially families with young children
- Price range – 1600 THB to 11000 THB per night
- Children-friendly with indoor playground for kids, pool slides
- Mix of local and international food
- Restaurants, bars and supermarkets are within walkable distance
Khaolak Merlin Resort – 4-star hotel
- Price range – 3000 THB to 7000 THB per night
- This resort is not just big; it’s immense, with an array of inviting pools, mimicking nature that offer endless relaxation.
- The resort’s gardens are a sight to behold, filled with exotic plants and playful wildlife. Created with a love for nature, it creates a feeling embedded in a jungle.
- Well-equipped gym
- Family-friendly with large rooms and huge parks and play areas
Eden Beach Khao Lak Resort & Spa – 5-star Hotel
Elegant, stylish and Nature-inspired hotel
- Price range – 2000 THB to 20000 THB per night
- Selection of budget-friendly to luxurious rooms
- Unique cleverly- styled rooms
- Private pools, Indoor gym
- Family- friendly
- Scooter rental, laundry, massage and restaurants within walking distance
- Deli cafe, delicious coffee and bakery goods, within the resort area
Dining at the Khao Lak Beach
There are a variety of restaurants, bars, and cafes along Khao Lak Beach. It’s the perfect setup for hanging out with friends and enjoying the sunset. If you are a seafood lover, you can enjoy various fresh seafood at E-Sarn Beachside Restaurant facing the beach. You can also get traditional North-Eastern Thai food known for its strong pungent taste with a variety of herbs and spices, at budget-friendly prices. Senses Beach Bar is where you can get fresh cold drinks while enjoying the sunset at this pool bar. If you would like to hang around with your friends and have a quality time in a coffee shop vibe, Deli Café, located in Eden Beach Resort & Spa is the best place to be. They have indoor and outdoor seating with a very homey feeling to it. They offer coffee with a variety of desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth and their presentation is excellent.
Khao Lak Beach is the ultimate place and a little gem to explore. Come and discover the wonders of Khao Lak Beach and create cherished memories. Can’t get enough of tropical beaches? Read about the Top 3 amazing beaches in Khao Lak that you don’t want to miss.
Khao Lak Map
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.