Khuk Khak Beach : Miles of Serene Shoreline
About Khuk Khak Beach : Miles of Serene Shoreline
Khuk Khak Beach, a long strip of sand, stretching out about 5 km between Bang Niang Beach in the south and Pakarang Beach in the north, is known for its riveting landscape with the Andaman Sea on the horizon and a strip of pine woodland connecting the beach.
What’s unique about Khuk Khak Beach?
If you’re looking for the ultimate privacy, Khuk Khak Beach is your undisputed destination. While there might be tourist crowds around the beachfront resorts, step just a bit further, and you’ll discover a tranquil escape.
The sand here is like fine powder, a rare treat for beachgoers. Hermit crabs, hopping in the bushes and beach morning glory, crawling out from the tall pine forest, add to the beach’s natural charm.
Getting to Khuk Khak Beach
It is a bit challenging to get to Khuk Khak beach as the beach itself is secluded, 6 km from Khao Lak Center. From Highway 4, you can get to the beach in three ways, also see the attached map below:
- follow along the entrance road of the JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa near Wat Kom Nai Khet School for 2 km to reach to North part of Khuk Khak Beach
- Turn left at Chai Ta Lae Khuk Khak Road, follow along the road about 3 km to reach to south part of Khuk Khak beach
- Turn left on Tha Non Tat Mai Road after the big Khaolak Blue Lagoon resort Sign and follow along the road 3 km to reach the south part of the beach.
Khuk Khak Beach is also on our Offline Khao Lak Map Pack with over 100+ other popular spots, get it here!
Activities on Khuk Khak Beach
The beach is spacious for everyone’s unique activity like relaxing, sports, camping or having a picnic with your family. With local restaurants, beach bars and massage shops just a stone’s throw away, you can enjoy the best of both worlds – nature and convenience.
As the sun sets into the horizon, it is like a giant, fiery red ball floating on the vast Andaman sea, with nothing else in your line of sight. Given its extensive shoreline, it is less likely to encounter crowds here. This makes it the ideal destination for leisurely, romantic walks, especially in the evenings. Whether you are all by yourself or with loved ones, sunset walks here are a mesmerizing experience.
The beachfront comes to life with a different kind of magic. Beachfront hotels host jaw-dropping fire displays and breathtaking fireworks especially during festive times like New Year’s Eve. It is a thrilling moment to watch as the fire dancers pull all sorts of stunts with fire. It’s a beachfront experience like no other, where the night sky comes alive with color and light. If you fancy a lively bar with music and drinks, you’ll have to go to Bang Niang, as Khuk Khak is more relaxed and less outgoing.
Accommodations on Khuk Khak Beach
Khuk Khak Beach is also known for its beachfront hotels and resorts where the beach is like your front yard.
JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa – 5 star hotel
A spacious hotel of luxury and relaxation, offering an array of amenities that cater to all your desires.Price range – 5300 THB to 54000 THB per night
- stunning infinity pool, where the water seems to stretch endlessly, sip on refreshing drinks at the pool bar
- direct pool access from your room
- Family and Child-Friendly : with water parks and slides, welcoming atmosphere that’s perfect for both kids and adults
- Well- equipped gym and spa where you can get aromatherapy
- Walking distance to other amenities, restaurants,bars and ATMs
Devasom Khao Lak Beach Resort & Villas – 5 star hotel
Unique and heavenly designed hotel with generous bouts of services.
- Price range – 6500 THB to 70000 THB per night
- delight of your very own private pool.
- Food here is a culinary journey.
- Kids playroom
- Family friendly rooms
Khaolak Orchid Beach Resort – 4 star Hotel
- Price range – 1000 THB – 2000 THB per night
- A budget friendly option for a beachfront hotel
- A bit isolated, away from main roads and city noises, perfect choice if you are planning to relax and enjoy the nature
- Close to restaurants, massage shops and convenience stores
- Beachfront pool and pool bar
The Haven – 5 star hotel
Adult only resort with a variety of room types to suit your preferences
- Price range – 2500 THB – 22000 THB per night
- resort is secluded and tranquil,
- regular shuttle service to Khao Lak center
- Its long infinity pool takes center stage
- Direct pool access
Map of Hotels near Khuk Khak Beach
Khuk Khak Beach is the combination of luxury and untamed nature. It offers a haven where you can either be in solitude or in the company of friends, perhaps hanging out at one of the pool bars. It’s a place where you can have it all, and more.